Sunday, October 11, 2009

Networked Student

I think that I consider myself that networked student. I am currently learning about blogging, podcasting, twitter, and my PLN. I never imagined that I would be learning this way. I graduated in 2006 and since then technology has changed drastically. It seems like every year something totally different is coming out that can help students learn. I think the school year of 2004 I took a computer class and we were still using floppy disk to save information. Just think how technology will be in another five years.

I don't believe I am prepared just yet to be a teacher of networked students. It's hard enough to keep up in EDM 310. Every week we are learning something new and most of it will be helpful. In a way I feel that I will forget a lot that is being taught, because we are having to learn so much in so little time. EDM 310 is a perfect example of how fast technology is growing in the world today. When I signed up for this class I thought that it would be pretty easy, because it didn't require a book. Well I was wrong, the internet has a lot more information on it for you than any book will ever have. The internet always has something new out there for students to learn. EDM 310 is definitely preparing me to teach networked students. I'm not ready just yet, but this class is giving me a heads up on what the future holds.

1 comment:

  1. Boy did you say a mouthful on just keeping up in EDM 310! I agree, I as well believed I was prepared to take this course, had most of the knowledge I would need to breeze through. However, we know that all of the time and effort we are putting into college will only make us better! Great Post!

    ReplyDelete