Friday, September 11, 2009

A Vision of Students Today

I would have to say this video shows what most college students experience. By the time I finally graduate I’ll be twenty to thirty thousand dollars in debt. I definitely buy text books that have cost a hundred dollars or more and never used them. One person held up a sign that said “her classmate paid for her tuition but never comes.” This has been the case for many of my classmates in the past. When I first started school many students would just show up for the test. I’m not currently taking classes that I will never use, but in the past I have.
It’s crazy to hear that people are going to school and don’t even know if they will have a job that even exist at this time. Technology has added many jobs to the world, but it has also taken many jobs away and as a result many of the older individuals are having trouble finding jobs that they have experience in.
I personally don’t have facebook, but I do notice people get on facebook during classes instead of paying attention to the instructor and students often bring their laptops just to have something to do during class. If I have to pay for tuition and books I believe I want to be paying attention to what the instructor is doing. I am guilty of trying to do homework at my house and find myself talking on my cell phone or reading something about sports on the internet, but I try my best to use my time wisely in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment