Sunday, August 30, 2009

Podcast

I have a couple of different opinions about these podcasts. Some of the podcasts, such as Smartboard lessons and Kidcasts actually have educational value. The others were basically people carrying on about nothing. Some of the Smartboard lessons had some good information to help me as a college student. I thought some of the Kidcast lessons were interesting. Some of the Kidcast showed how they got kids involved in technology. I liked how they had a Kidcast 2007 award winner.
EdTechtalk and MacBreak Weekly were very boring. It sounded like they were just coming up with stuff off the top of their head to talk about. The people talking on these podcast were basically talking about their life stories or their friend’s stories that they thought were funny. In one of the lessons they couldn’t decide on which cell phone network was the best. In a way, I believe some of these podcast can be helpful by teaching individuals like myself, how to learn a little more about technology. Just from listening to these podcast has shown me how to use iTunes and I found some really interesting information in the iTunes store.
This Week in Photography was rather boring, but it showed how far technology has come in upgrading cameras. In one of the lessons they stated that some of the new cameras are hard to operate because of all the features on the cameras. Ten years ago cameras basically had a on and off button and a button to take the picture. This shows the technological advances the world has made in a very short period of time. I’m taking a personal health class this semester and I found some valuable information on this subject. Some of the podcast have been helpful and some have been worthless, but most importantly I found that I can use other podcast to help me in other classes.

1 comment:

  1. They did seem like they just carrying on and on. Sounded like a bunch of DJs to me.

    ReplyDelete